Sunday 18 December 2016

Pantone Colour of the Year: 2017 ‘Greenery’




Hi Guys,
Apologies again for my lack of posting in the last week- all thoughts have been on getting Christmas ready and thinking about what my next Christmas inspired meal might be :)
As it’s a grey Sunday, and I am sat in my mum and dads house- cup of tea in hand (gingerbread in the other) I figured now would be a good time to get this week’s post sorted- Better late than never!
Having spent the last few days researching for this post- it seemed only fitting that I looked at something involving 2017 and what is to come- after all it is almost upon us. I am thrilled that the pantone colour for 2017 is going to be ‘Greenery’- and I as I write this- ironically I am watching David Attenborough’s ‘Planet Earth’- how clichéd of me.
I feel like many people are wary of using green shades especially within interiors. I love it- in the right space with the right balance it is awe inspiring. ‘Greenery’ and the idea of it- denotes innovation, a refreshing and revitalizing shade, it is symbolic of new beginnings. It is set to be big in the fashion, Interiors and Architecture world- bold accents in pattern, upholstery, accessories, and clothing alike are reinventing our surroundings; quite frankly after the 2016 we have had… it’s about time.
There are so many connotations that come with a colour like this- Greenery is a fresh and zesty yellow-green shade that evokes the first days of spring when nature’s greens revive, restore and renew. Illustrative of flourishing foliage and the lushness of the great outdoors, the fortifying attributes of Greenery signals consumers to take a deep breath, oxygenate and reinvigorate. As a society we are also more aware of the environment and the eco-systems that surround us. Also being referred to as ‘A life-affirming shade’, Greenery is also illustrative of the pursuit of personal passions and vitality. Leatrice Eisemann, Executive Director of the Pantone Colour Institute has said “The tangy yellow-green speaks to our desire to express, explore, experiment and reinvent, imparting a sense of buoyancy.”- I couldn’t agree more.

For me personally Green has always been an expressive hue that is versatile in most spaces- botanical wallpaper is a particular favourite- and paired with some plush velvets and some gold metals for example- I can’t get enough J Check out my instagram for a throwback image Decorex 2016- in which I assisted designer Suzy Hoodless with one of the champagne bars (upholstery & scatters). Something like this has so much more depth and interest to it, and aesthetically was a real success for all who saw it.

I am really excited for the potential in the use of ‘Greenery’- let’s see what 2017 brings… in every sense of the word.

2 comments :

  1. Interesting reading especially after the chat we had about this colour...you convinced me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you hun :) let's see if we can make that lovely green sofa for your client work ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top