Monday 21 November 2016

'Boeme'- Joyous & Expressive Textiles


Hi guys,

I hope you had a lovely weekend! Always goes a little too quickly...

I have to say, I’m a little bit obsessed with ‘Boeme Designs’. I came across them at Decorex 2 years ago and have been in love with what they do ever since. Jo Bound- founder established Boeme in 2011 creating a stunning brand of fabric, soft furnishings and furniture. As a fine artist her paintings have been transformed on an interiors level via texture and outstanding colour. Their style and aesthetic is a favourite for me- there is no fear of being bold and I can envisage her stunning cushions being used to liven up the blandest of Decors.

Aside from the soft furnishings and artwork Boeme have produced a small collection of some beautifully expressive upholstery. Although only consisting of a few simple key pieces the choices of fabric make them really special- I aspire to own the jazziest chaise longue this side of West London J The thing that I love most about these designs is how they move so fluidly between an ‘art work’ and a ‘textile’… it’s effortless and works so well! Personally I don’t want to be constantly drowning in a sea of ‘Greige’- give me a statement chair or some floral pinch pleats…

Designs like these can be so versatile and I hope that at some point I can specify these prints or the concept in future projects. Check out Jo’s amazing work at www.Boeme.co.uk






No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top